Each 5kg block makes 70 litres of hydroponic medium.
Coco coir is really the perfect hydroponic growing medium as it can hold its own weight in water and even while saturated can hold 22% air which is the best of it’s kind even beating the highly expensive rockwool (about 10% air holding capacity). Coco is a ‘forgiving’ medium and pefect for beginners as it has plenty of buffer against over or under-watering conditions.
Coco coir is also antifungal and can suppress and protect plants from dreaded root diseases such as pythium and phytophthora.
Our coco peat 5kg blocks are high quality with very low salination content as the trees utilised are grown in fresh water and washed several times in fresh water to remove the salt content.
Great Qualities of Coco Coir
- Ideal pH in the range of 6-6.7
- Holds 8 to 9 times its weight in water
- Lightweight and compact (easy to ship)
- Holds up to 22% air even when saturated!
- Exceptional drainage capability and and air porosity (plant roots love oxygen!)
- Anti fungal and reduces soil borne disease
- No shrinking, cracking or surface crust
- Extremely easy to re-hydrate after being dehydrated
- It is a 100% renewable resource
- Completely environmentally friendly