Each 5kg block makes min 60-70 liters of premium hydroponic growing medium.
Coco coir is the perfect hydroponic growing medium as it can hold its own weight in water and even while fully saturated holds 22% oxygen which is the best of it’s kind even beating the highly expensive rockwool (about 10% air holding capacity). Coco is a ‘forgiving’ medium and perfect for beginners as it has plenty of buffer against over or under-watering conditions as well as temperature variance.
Coco coir is also antifungal and can suppress and protect plants from dreaded root diseases such as pythium and phytophthora.
At Mr Stacky, we are ‘nuts’ about Coco! We’ve tried all the mediums, and simply put, coco pith and coco pith/chip are simply THE BEST of all hydroponic mediums around.
We’re meticulous in our sourcing and ensure that every single 5kg block you receive large, high quality with low salt levels. Our coco is sourced from the internal areas of India far away from the coast line. The coir is soaked in fresh water to further decrease potential salt contents.
Great Qualities of Coco Coir
- Ideal pH in the range of 6-6.7
- Holds 8 to 9 times its weight in water
- Lightweight and compact (easy to ship)
- Holds up to 22% air even when saturated!
- Exceptional drainage capability and and air porosity (plant roots love oxygen!)
- Anti fungal and reduces soil borne disease
- No shrinking, cracking or surface crust
- Extremely easy to re-hydrate after being dehydrated
- It is a 100% renewable resource
- Completely environmentally friendly