Stacking Planter FAQ's
Grow anything from herbs, lettuce, strawberries & greens to full blown fruiting crops such as tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini even tubers such as potatoes, carrots and beet root!
You get the picture right! 🙂 You can pretty much grow anything. Just ensure you’re providing enough sun…
Yes certainly. The stacking planters in the 5 tier sets are exactly the same as the hydroponic kits. So you can buy a small 5 tier set and see how it works, then once you’re happy scale up to a larger set-up if desired…
Yes. Food Safe Polypropylene #5. Like what yogurt containers are made of except we use a lot more of it.
This all depends on what you want to grow. The 33cm width pots have a capacity of 5 litres each which is suitable for lettuces, herbs, spinach, beetroot, flowers and plants with smaller root systems. The 45cm width pots have a large 15 litres capacity each. This is ample space to grow all kinds of fruiting vegetables such as tomatoes, capsicum, eggplant and even pumpkin or watermelon if you really want!
Yes, and many customers do. Make sure you use good quality well draining potting mix. Great news is Mr Stacky is modular, so you can start small and build a self sustainable garden over time.
While the poles are not 100% necessary, Mr Stacky planter sets come with a center pole which adds stability and allows you to move the garden from above as the pole extends above the planter. Other stacking planters do not provide this. This also allows you to convert your 5 tier kit into a hydroponic tower kit if you want.
Simply water the top pot! Each stacky has drainage holes in the center and outer clovers which disperse water optimally to touch all the root systems on the way down. This flow through design ensures pooling of water or root rot.
When you see the bottom dripping, this means the above layers are saturated so you want to stop watering before you see drips from the bottom. As a rule of thumb it’s much better to provide regular small doses of water opposed to less regular longer feeds.
For example, the DIY systems normally feed 3 times a day for example 9am, 1pm, 5pm at 1 minute intervals.
As long as you have a support through the middle, you can stack them as high as you want!.
Some stackable planters on the market use inserts inside each planter designed to hold water in each layer. This is not good practice! Pooling water promotes disease such as root rot. Mr Stacky planters are FREE FLOWING. Free flowing water is essential for transfer of nutrient and oxygen to the root zone and we do not recommend inserts.
Tried, Tested & Built to Last
- Made from BPA Free polypropelene
- All kits come with center pole for added stability
- No bending over or tilling the soil
- Enjoy fresh vegetables from your backyard
- Medium size is perfect for greens, lettuces, herbs, flowers etc
- Large size is for strawberries, capsicum, tomatoes, brocoli etc
- Easily add more pots if desired
- Convert to a raised tower garden or hydroponic
- No more dirt, digging or weeding
Genuine Mr. Stacky with patented 4 clover, water flow through system & hydroponic convertibilityThe 12 Plant Stacky makes a perfect vertical herb garden and and attractive balcony piece designed to keep 12 thriving plants in one location making it easy to maintain. Simply water the top pot and the below tiers will be watered automatically and drain into the bottom drip tray which is also included.
- The perfect herb garden
- Grow 12 plants & herbs in a small 33cm x 50cm space!!!
- Simple to use, just plant your herbs in each container and stack the containers
- Medium size pots have a total 15 litres root capacity, perfect for growing all types of herbs, strawberries, flowers & succulents
- Large size pots have a total 42 litres root capacity, more than adequate to grow large fruiting plants such as tomatoes, capsicum, eggplant etc
- Easily add more pots if desired
- Easily convert to hydroponic with a hydroponic kit if desired
- No more digging, weeding or bending over in the garden to be a herb lover